The Coaching Staff at the Albuquerque Baseball Academy consists of the most highly touted teachers in the Southwest.
The instructors on average are combining to do close to 200 individual lessons per week. The staff has over 100 combined years of coaching athletes as young as 6 years old to the top college players in the country. The Hitting, Catching, Pitching and Infield instructors carry a highly qualified resume, all of our instructors either played college or professional baseball.
RYAN BREWER - PITCHING
- Pitched at Texas Tech University
- Signed by the Kansas City Royals
- Pitching coach at Texas Tech University & UNM
- ABA Pitching Coordinator
AL FOSTER - FIELDING
- Signed by the Montreal Expos
- Former Head Coach at Sandia High School
- ABA Infield Coordinator
- 12U SLUGGER COACH
- ABA SLUGGER COORDINATOR
MATT FOOTE - HITTING
- Played at the University of New Mexico
- Mountain West Conference All time leader in stolen bases
- ABA Outfield and Base Running Coordinator
- 15U ABA High School Select Team Coach
JIM BRIGGS - HITTING
- Played at NM Highland and New Mexico State
- Former (Retired) Head Coach at Manzano High School
- ABA Slugger 13U Coach
- Hitting/Fielding Instructor
Bobby Bunch - PITCHING
- Played at Bacone University
- Played at San Francisco Junior College
- ABA 15U High School Select Team Coach
- ABA 13U Southwest Elite Coach
Players will be instructed on the proper load, hand placement, bat path, when hips engage and how to hit to all fields. At ABA we also use the Right View Pro video system (extra charge), where we will video players and compare their swings to Major League Baseball Players, break their swing down and give use drills to improve it.
Catchers will work on the 3 stances; no one on base, runners on base, and proper throwing footwork. Catchers will also work on blocking, wild pitch, pitch calling, receiving the ball and positioning for plays at the plate.
Pitchers will be taught proper balance, stride length, explosion point, finish, proper mechanics to reduce the chances of arm injury, and how to develop a second pitch. Video, enhanced with Right View Pro (extra charge) will help pitchers see their mechanics and how to improve them.
Infielders will learn proper footwork, how to develop soft hands and will learn pre-pitch positioning. Video will be used to make sure infielders are in the proper fielding position and how to "field through" the ball to make accurate throws. "Daily" drills will be taught so infielders can do drills at home.
ABA Video Analysis
This video analysis is designed for players that are not able to make it to Albuquerque on a weekly basis. We can analyze Pitching, Fielding, Hitting, and Catching mechanics. You will receive a written evaluation (through email) and we will schedule a phone conference to talk you through you mechanical issues. You will need to call to discuss the proper angels for video. For more information call or email: Ryan Brewer firstname.lastname@example.org
, (505) 730-6979 or Al Foster: email@example.com
, (505) 803-2260.