Fall Showcase Programs
In the Fall, ABA Fall Showcase teams compete in some of the most prestigious events on the west coast. The fall events are an opportunity for our players to be seen and recruited by some of the top Universities and Junior Colleges from around the country.
ABA Fall Showcase Tryouts
Tryout Dates for the 2020/2021 Fall Showcase Series are as follows:
ABA Fall Showcases
- New Mexico Tryouts: Albuquerque Baseball Academy (Field House)
- Saturday, August 15th - Pitchers and Catchers...4pm Freshman and Sophomores - 7pm Juniors and Seniors
- Sunday, August 16th - Position Players...9am Freshman and Sophomores - 12pm Juniors and Seniors
- If interested contact Ryan Brewer @ 505-730-6979 or @ email@example.com for more information.
- These events feature the top Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior High School players in New Mexico to play against Junior College teams from Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. This recruiting event attracts College Coaches from Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas, plus Major League Scouts. Our Fall Showcases includes two events in the Fall, one in Albuquerque and one in Lubbock, Texas.
ABA Fall Showcase teams (freshman, sophomore, junior & senior) will participate in approximately three of the following area, regional and national showcase events, with the goal of maximizing team/player exposure to college recruiters, while limiting the number of missed school days, and back to back travel weekends.
All players selected to play on an ABA fall showcase teams (freshman, sophomore, junior & senior, with multiple teams in each age group) will participate in the ABA Fall Showcase September 13th -15th. Complete schedules, for each team, will be determined shortly after the tryout.
- ABA Showcase Dates: September 13-15th - Teams include New Mexico freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- V Tool Las Vegas Dates: September 20-22nd - Las Vegas, Nevada
- West Texas Showcase Dates: September 27-29th in Lubbock, Texas - Texas Tech University.
- V Tool Las Vegas Fall Finale Dates: November 1st-3rd - Las Vegas, Nevada
- V Tool Tucson Dates: November 8th-10th - Tucson, Arizona
The Battle of the Borders
- Arizona Fall Classics - This annual "invitation only" showcase, for High School Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen is held in October, and attracts over 200 College programs, plus scouts from every MLB Team. The ABA takes two teams in each class, one team comprised of players from New Mexico, and the second comprised of players from Texas. In addition, the ABA takes teams to the Junior Fall Classic and the Arizona Freshman/Sophomore Classic. ABA is the only New Mexico organization invited to play in these events.
- Arizona Senior Fall Classic Dates: October 7th - 11th - Teams include NM and WT Seniors Teams
- Arizona Junior Fall Classic Dates: October 1st-4th - Teams include NM and WT Juniors Teams
- Arizona Sophomore Fall Classic Dates: September 24th-27th - Teams include NM and WT Soph Teams
- Arizona Freshman Fall Classic Dates: October 15th-18th - Teams include NM and WT Freshman Teams
- The Battle of the Borders was started in 2011 to Showcase to Junior and Seniors in the Southwest. Team Texas, Team New Mexico, Team Oklahoma, and Team Arkansas/Louisiana square off in a series to determine a champion. In the inaugural Championship game Team Texas defeated Team Oklahoma 5-3. Of the 8 games played in the 2011 "Battle" , only one game was decided by more than 2 runs. Over 50 college and professional scouts attended the event in 2011.
2011 All Tournament Selections include:
- Alex Bregman
- Guillermo Trujillo
- Shilo McCall