Fall Showcase Programs
In the Fall, ABA Fall Showcase teams compete in some of the most prestigious events on the west coast. The fall events are an opportunity for our players to be seen and recruited by some of the top Universities and Junior Colleges from around the country.
ABA UNM TEAM CAMP PLAYER PROFILE FORM
Tryout Dates for the 2018 Fall Showcase Series are as follows:
ABA Fall Showcases
- New Mexico Tryouts: University of New Mexico LOBO FIELD
- Freshmen and Sophomores: Saturday August
- Juniors and Seniors: Sunday, August
- Interested West Texas players, please contact Ryan Brewer @ 505-730-6979 or @ email@example.com for more information.
- These events feature the top Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior High School players in New Mexico to play against Junior College teams from Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. This recruiting event attracts College Coaches from Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas, plus Major League Scouts. Our Fall Showcases includes two events in the Fall, one in Albuquerque and one in Lubbock, Texas.
The Battle of the Borders
- ABA Showcase Dates: September - Teams include New Mexico freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- West Texas Showcase Dates: October in Lubbock, Texas - Texas Tech University.
- UNM Team Camp: Freshman November , at UNM.
- Arizona Fall Classics - This annual "invitaion only" showcase, for High School Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshmen is held in October, and attracts over 200 College programs, plus scouts from every MLB Team. The ABA takes two teams in each class, one team comprised of players from New Mexico, and the second comprised of players from Texas. In addition, the ABA takes teams to the Junior Fall Classic and the Arizona Freshman/Sophomore Classic. ABA is the only New Mexico organization invited to play in these events.
- Arizona Senior Fall Classic Dates: October 8th-11th - Teams include NM and WT Seniors Teams
- Arizona Junior Fall Classic Dates: October 15th-18th - Teams include NM and WT Juniors Teams
- Arizona Sophomore Fall Classic Dates: October 2nd-4th - Teams include NM Fresh/Soph Teams
- The Battle of the Borders was started in 2011 to Showcase to Junior and Seniors in the Southwest. Team Texas, Team New Mexico, Team Oklahoma, and Team Arkansas/Louisiana square off in a series to determine a champion. In the inaugural Championship game Team Texas defeated Team Oklahoma 5-3. Of the 8 games played in the 2011 "Battle" , only one game was decided by more than 2 runs. Over 50 college and professional scouts attended the event in 2011. The 2012 Battle of the Borders will be played at Quik Trip Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, September 28-30. This is a free event, includes uniforms and is by invitation only. For more information please contact Ryan Brewer, The Battle of the Borders NM State Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
2011 All Tournament Selections include:
- Alex Bregman
- Guillermo Trujillo
- Shilo McCall