New Mexico's most successful, High School Select Team and Fall Showcase Team Program, is now offering the same high level program for younger players. The ABA Slugger Program is designed for players ages 9-14 who have the goals of playing baseball at the next levels.
The goal of the Slugger Program is to develop each player and each team, by providing specific training, based on age and ability.
Formula for Success:
ABA Sluggers Mission Statement (s):
- Take a good student/athlete and provide professional training and coaching
- Strength, Speed and Agility Training
- Teach proper fundamentals through hitting, turf and field practices
- Play a competitive schedule in the local USSSA league and for some teams, travel to Arizona in the Fall and Spring
- At the ABA we consider our Slugger Program a High School Prep program. By laying the foundation of fundamentals our players can move through their respective High School programs quicker and have the ability to compete for their High School Varsity teams and play in our High School Summer Select program
ABA Slugger Fall/Spring Tryouts:
- We are 100% committed to Player Development
- We will build each players confidence and self-esteem through practice and competition
- In addition to fundamentals of baseball, we will teach players to play the game the "RIGHT WAY"
- We will teach sportsmanship and the values that are important in sports and in life. Values such as loyalty, integrity and hard work
- We will educate players on the importance of schoolwork and making good grades and that colleges look at G.P.A and A.C.T scores as closely as their athletic skills
- Players will be provided the same comprehensive instruction as our High School programs
- Each player in this program will get the highest level of instruction from our professional instructors
ABA Elite Fall/Spring Tryouts:
- 2021-2022 Fall/Spring Tryouts : Wednesday June 16th and June 23rd
- For player (s) ages 9-14U
- 8- 12U Players check in at 10am - Tryout Camp from 10:30am-12pm
- 13/14U Players check in at 12:30pm - Tryout Camp from 1-2:30pm
- Contact Al Foster (email@example.com) or Jim Briggs (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
- 2021-2022 Fall/Spring Tryouts: Wednesday June 16th and June 23rd
- For 12, 13, and 14U players
- Check in at 10am (12-14U), tryout from 10:30-12pm
- Contact Al Foster at email@example.com for more information.